Blood & Soul is Live and Lethal on Amazon
Today is the day! Buy Blood & Soul for $0.99. Thank you! If you wanna know more…keep reading.
Last night, blurry-eyed and exhausted, I uploaded the final edits to the First Edition of Blood & Soul on Kindle Direct Publishing for e-readers and CreateSpace for print readers. Blood & Soul has been in a preparation mode since I uploaded it about a month ago, without counting the 7-year, million-word brainstorm.
As a writer I’m at a loss for words and deeply moved by all the sacrifices good friends and colleagues have made to go the extra 100 miles in the last moments.
- To my dad, who handed me that green notebook so long ago and told me to “Write somethin'” in his thick East Texas accent.
- Dale Young, for building my fully operational killer website, creating the Mail Chimp system, for kicking me in the rear, and contributing many fertile marketing plans – I’d be lost without you bro!
- Andrew Doty at Editwright and I played tennis with Blood & Soul for 9 months. We modified and tweaked, sharpening this story to get it as close to perfection as humanly possible – I drove him crazy this week before going official on Amazon at 12AM this morning. Happy editing, Andrew!
- Kevin Eagan for the big proofread that eliminated the lion’s share of typos and errors that Andrew and I missed. We confirmed that Kevin has no Backstreet Boys music and thus got the deal to proofread.
- Then Jim Wyatt stepped up and threw a long bomb touchdown pass in the last seconds of the 4th quarter to secure victory with one last profound proofread out the goodness his heart – he found the excepting/accepting error on page 33 and really tightened things up throughout. Nobody’s perfect and Jim was merciful.
- Mark Skinner and Mike Griswold for the book cover and epic imagery in the book trailer – Mark truly was an inspiration. His inquiry about the book cover led to the sharpening of the story’s theme.
- Patrick Runblad composed an incredible score for the book trailer that is jaw-dropping awesome.
- To ALL my pre-release readers who trusted me enough to delve into the PDF and read with their e-readers, even though that must have been challenging.
- To Wyndi Veigel editor at Farmersville Times and the Princeton Herald for reaching out to me at Charlie’s. I know you wondered about that dude in the corner with the laptop and headphones.
- Last but not least Heather Grupido, owner of Charlie’s Old Fashioned Burgers (it’s not just burgers!), for letting me hang out for hours and work on this book.
I hope I’ve done you proud by writing Blood & Soul.